In line with government guidelines, everyone aged 16 years old and over must now check in to the club when they attend a class using the NHS Track & Trace app. Those who are under 16, will be covered by the paper form we have been using to date.
To check in using the app, you should download the NHS Covid 19 app and then scan the QR code when you enter the building. We have put up a QR code in the entrance, one halfway up the stairs and one on the noticeboard in reception.
Although we follow England Boxing guidelines which allow us to remain open during this time, we cannot guarantee that those attending a class are not touching the same surfaces or coming too close to other members. Therefore there is the likelihood that members will have to self isolate if they have shared a class with someone who then tests positive for Covid 19. Whilst the situation is ever changing we want to give you an idea of what will happen if a member has a positive test.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF A MEMBER HAS A POSITIVE COVID TEST?
If a member has a positive result they should let the club know as soon as possible. This information will be kept confidential.
- NHS Track & Trace should contact the members who they believe need to take action.
- NPBA will be guided by the Track and Trace team as to what steps the club must take.
- To make sure that nothing is missed, if we have been informed about a positive case, we will also contact members who have shared a class with the positive case.
- We will recommend that anyone who has shared a class with a positive case should consider it as direct contact and follow guidance on the NHS website to that effect.
- We might have to close the premises in order to conduct a deep clean which may mean that some classes are cancelled.
- We may encounter a shortage of coaches if one or more coaches need to self isolate, which may also mean that some classes are cancelled.
- Any missed classes due to having to isolate due to a case related directly to the club or because the club has to close or cancel classes will be honoured.
- The app can be downloaded by going to www.covid19.nhs.uk, or you can download using the App Store or Google Play Store
- If the app doesn't work with your phone, or you don't have a phone then please tell the coach who will give you a paper form to complete instead.
- If you have any questions at all, please get in touch.